Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Concentration

Well, anyone who's played chess can agree, the game requires a lot of concentration! Focus is the name of the game. Now, it might seem silly...but I think we all have ways of helping ourselves focus. We might not be aware of them. You know people who jiggle their legs while studying or chew gum while working...well, here's my quirky chess concentration thing: I hold my forearm in front of my nose while I play and stick the teeny-tiny hairs in my nostrils. I don't even know I'm doing it half the time! And I do it while driving, too. (Don't worry, one of my hands is on the wheel--and my arm hairs aren't so deeply entrenched within my nose that they can't be called upon to seize the steering wheel when necessary). It might appear crazy to onlookers, but guess what? It helps me focus. And in chess, players need all the edge focus provides. =:{) (this is an emoticon trying to depict a smiley putting his or her arm hairs in his or her nose). =:{)

1 comment:

  1. Needless to say, I have to hold the mouse with my right hand, so old lefty has nose duty!

    ReplyDelete