Monday, February 8, 2010

Brighten up your winter days!


Hi there! The winter doldrums have been getting to me lately, and there's not much I can do about it. But I found something that might just keep me occupied long enough to distract me! How about making your own chess set from nuts and bolts (which cost, like 10¢ each)? Here is a link for you! You can even go with a color scheme of brights, like turquoise, lime, and tangerine--perfect summery colors to brighten your day! There aren't instructions, but I think you could figure it out. Here is a little help. The chess set pictured was created by Julia Suits, whose flickr photostream provided the image. You can read how she came up with the idea--a wonderful example of chess inspiration! Chess-spiration! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is actually pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! It would make a nice cheap birthday gift for someone who likes chess!

    ReplyDelete